When it comes to exercise and diet, winter is the worst time for me. All I want to do is curl up, eat crap and sleep in. All the things that end up leaving me feeling depressed and like a fat ugly blob!!
So in order to turn myself around I am going to embark on a 30 Day Yoga Challenge, in which I will practice yoga daily, watch my diet and generally put myself first.
I am doing this for me. I am going to share my efforts in an attempt to keep me on track and to invite you to join me if you wish. So starting 1st July I will :
- Practice yoga for at least 1 hour a day
- Keep a journal of my practice
- Keep track of the food I eat, and the effect it has on my practice
- I will also put aside an hour or so a week, that I can use just for me, whether I go for a walk, soak in a bath or just sit uninterrupted, I will make sure that it is my time. I know you probably don't think that an hour a week is a lot, but with a busy family of four young children, it is more than I am getting now!!
Over the next month I will also be covering the following subjects:
- Why do we do Yoga? What are it's benefits?
- To Diet or Not to Diet
- Home Practice
- Looking after Ourselves
During my 30 days, I will write daily blogs, letting you know how I am going and how I feel about it all, and hey if you want to join in the fun, send me some comments on how you are doing also.
I don't really know what to expect, but I am hoping to centre myself, by which I mean, feel more in control of me (and if I can loose some weight along the way Yay!!)
So let the fun begin!!!